Bioidentical Hormone Pellet Therapy
Bioidentical hormone pellet therapy is a well-researched method of delivering hormones to your body. Bioidentical hormone doctor, Robert Motazedi, M.D. offers this method by painlessly inserting a small bioidentical hormone pellet, about the size of a grain of rice, under your skin. The procedure is less painful than having your blood drawn. The hormones in the pellets provided by Robert Motazedi, M.D. are bioidentical, which means that they are the exact molecular match to the hormones produced by your body. These bioidentical hormone pellets typically consist of either estradiol or testosterone.
Bioidentical hormone pellets are generally synthesized from soybeans or yams. Other than a small amount of stearic acid as is common in pharmaceuticals, there are no other ingredients in them. These hormone pellets dissolve completely, with no residue, under the skin over a three- to six-month period of time.
Robert Motazedi, M.D. uses hormone pellets that are manufactured by special compounding pharmacies. The ingredients, estradiol or testosterone, are pharmaceutical grade quality. Robert Motazedi, M.D.’s bioidentical hormone pellet therapy can be used to relieve the symptoms of menopause, perimenopause and andropause, to name just a few hormone related conditions that respond well to Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Bioidentical hormone pellet therapy slowly releases hormones into the bloodstream – similar to the way hormones are released by the ovaries and testes.
Many women and men have tried various kinds of hormone replacement therapy and have been dissatisfied with the way they have felt; others have worried about reports of increased breast cancer or heart attacks. Because bioidentical hormone pellet therapy is so different from conventional or synthetic hormone therapy, it is unlikely that the negative effects of conventional hormone therapy apply to bioidentical hormone pellet therapy. Many patients don’t do well on any other form of hormone therapy except for under the skin bioidentical hormone pellet therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hormone Pellets
- What are bioidentical hormone pellets made of?
- Bioidentical hormone pellets are derived from soybeans and yams and are biologically identical to human estradiol and testosterone. There is also a small amount of magnesium stearate added to the pre-pelletized powder to help it flow better during the pellet making process. The hormone pellets are specially manufactured by select compounding pharmacies using strict manufacturing standards. Hormone pellets are completely biodegradable leaving no residue whatsoever.
- What are the benefits of bioidentical hormone pellets?
You can expect to increase the quality of your life and experience relief from, and in some cases the elimination of, uncomfortable symptoms caused by imbalanced hormones.
You may experience any or all of the following benefits:
- Consistent Moods – No More Mood Swings
- Decreased Body Fat
- Greater Ability To Build Muscle
- Increased Energy Levels
- Increased Mental Clarity And Focus
- Relief From Anxiety And Depression
- Restored Or Increased Libido
- How often will I need bioidentical hormone pellets inserted?
It depends on the person, but the normal interval is three- to six-months. Occasionally extra pellets are inserted before the dissolution of the initial pellet, if it is needed.
- Does it matter when to have my blood tested for hormone levels?
- For women, it’s best to have your hormone levels checked a week prior to, during, or immediately after your period, at any time of the day.
- For men, it’s best to have your testosterone levels checked early in the morning when they are the highest.
- Are there any hormone pellet side effects?
- Unlike other forms of hormone therapy, there are few bioidentical hormone pellet side effects and they are usually transient. Learn more about bioidentical hormone pellet therapy side effects by talking to Robert Motazedi, M.D.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy doctor, Robert Motazedi, M.D. in Colorado Springs, Colorado will work closely with you to help you determine the best delivery method of bioidentical hormones for your body. Robert Motazedi, M.D. will help you understand and relieve the uncomfortable symptoms related to having an imbalanced hormonal system.